Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Phone Case-Sweet Pea Stamps

Hey Everyone. It is Olivia here. Super excited to showcase a 3D project I did for Sweet Pea Stamps.  This is my own personalized phone case I made for myself using Ching Chou fantastic image-Dark Lilies. This image can be found in rubber or in digi.


I have spring on my mind and thought a bright and sparkly case would be perfect to just welcome it in and celebrate the season.

Here is how I did it. First I colored my image on a separate paper.  I then used a clear blank phone case (I order my online from Ebay since I love to make these). My first step was to paint it with acrylic paint and then let it dry. Once dry I used Mod Podge to add the sparkle.  Once that layer is dry, I applied the image via Mod Podge. It takes about 2-3 coats to make sure it is adhered good and you need to wait between each layer (about 10-15 minutes between layers).  Then I added another layer of sparkle on it. 

My final step was the embellish around it with various gemstones and rhinestones I have in my stash. I just go crazy here and add them were I feel like it. I used E600 glue to add the pearls and rhinestones.

So there you have it! A fantastic personalized case that is one of a kind and with these gorgeous images can be suited to your taste and style. 

I will also be entering this one into the following challenges:

Pumpkin Spice-Stamping
Crafty Sentiments-Anything Goes
All Crafts-Anything Goes but no cards
Love to Create-Pearls and Bling
Paper Crafting- No Patterned Papers
C.R.A.F.T-Anything but a card
Addicted to Stamping-Coloring
Craft Your Passion-Things that can Fly

11 comments:

  1. oh wow this is stunning olivia.i love the image and colours and fabulous bling ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in awe of this! My daughter would go crazy for a phone case like this. Thanks so much for joining us this week at ATS&M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow that s fabulous hun and ty so much for joining us at Craft my Life All Crafts xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. This case is fantastic, a true jewel! Thanks for joining the fun at ATSM. Monika

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just gorgeous work....thank you so much for sharing with us craftysentiments designs in our current challenge....cheers,Annie {DT}

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Such a cool idea! You did an amazing job transforming the case! Beautiful work!!!
    Thank you for joining our Pearls & Bling Challenge this week at Love to Create.
    Ruza, LTC Admin/Designer
    Ruza's Craft Corner

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!! This is amazing and so Gorgeous!! Such a fab idea to do a phone cover "LOVE IT". Thank you so much for sharing your fabulous creative talent with us at Love to Create Challenges!!

    Hugs'
    Jackie - LTC owner

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous make. Thank you for joining in the Crafty Sentiments challenge this time.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is absolutely gorgeous!! I love it!! Thanks for joining us at CYP! HUgsxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so beautiful. Very impressive. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments.
    Hugs,
    Christine Dt Crafty Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG OMG!! Really beautiful!! Love the idea!
    Thanks for joining our Anything Goes challenge at Crafty Sentiments. We're having new challenge starting soon. Wish to see you there too!
    Mikha x

    ReplyDelete